While many Colorado drivers carry car insurance because they are legally required to do so by Colorado law (and because they need proof of insurance in order to register their vehicle in the state), many drivers also have car insurance policies to protect them, their loved ones and their property in the event they are ever involved in a car accident. Unfortunately, however, insurance companies that provide car insurance policies:
- Are not always as concerned about their policyholders as policyholders would like to think
- Often place their own profit margins above policyholders’ needs
- May act in bad faith, as a result, which could lead to policyholders with legitimate claims being left scrambling to pay for their medical bills and property damage after car accidents.
Some specific examples of car insurance bad faith practices that may negatively impact policyholders include (but are not limited to):
- Insurance providers denying legitimate claims that policyholders file without providing a viable reason for the denial.
- Insurance providers delaying the payment on legitimate car insurance claims to try to get policyholders to agree to accept less compensation than they actually deserve.
- Insurance providers trying to state that a policy is not active after policyholders file a claim against it. This is known in the industry as practicing post-claim underwriting.
- Insurance providers paying out less than a claim is worth (which is commonly done by issuing a check to policyholders with language on the check that states “upon cashing or accepting this check, the policyholder agrees to close the claim”).
When any of these car insurance bad faith practices take place, policyholders should consult with an experienced car accident lawyer who knows how to go up against insurance companies, corporate lawyers and/or others to help injured parties secure the compensation they need and deserve.
Greenwood Village Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, car accident or in any type of traffic accident, you are encouraged to consult with the motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC. Meeting with one of our esteemed attorneys as soon as your health is stabilized can ensure that you ultimately have the strongest case possible, as waiting will start immediately running out the statute of limitations for your case and could even result in the loss of critical evidence.
Our trusted Greenwood Village personal injury and accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling car accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.