Although any type of traffic accident can result in severe, life-threatening injuries (depending on the point of impact, the vehicle speeds at the time of the collision, etc.), car versus pedestrian accidents tend to be the most serious type of traffic accidents, as:
- Pedestrians have little to no protection from the impact of vehicles.
- Vehicles weigh far more than pedestrians, meaning that they can cause significant injury or death upon impact with pedestrians even when the vehicles are traveling at very slow speeds.
- They most often result in fatalities.
Some of the most common pedestrian injuries that can result from car versus pedestrian accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (particularly severe traumatic brain injuries that could result in temporary or permanent loss of consciousness)
- Other head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Loss of the hands, feet, legs and/or arms
- Severe burns
- Severe nerve damage.
Causes of Car versus Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the specific causes of car versus pedestrian accidents that can result in serious pedestrian injuries may include (but are not limited to):
- Driver intoxication
- Driver distraction
- Driver fatigue or distraction (which can be as dangerous as drunk driving)
- Drivers’ failure to comply with traffic laws
- Poor roadway conditions (such as a lack of signage or indicators for crosswalks).
Greenwood Village Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a car accident, truck accident or in any type of traffic accident, you are encouraged to consult with the motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC.
Our trusted Greenwood Village personal injury and car accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling car accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.