While many people think of semis or tractor trailers when they think about truck accidents, oftentimes, traffic accidents are caused by delivery trucks – particularly on residential streets and roadways. Some of the reasons that delivery trucks are commonly involved in truck accidents include (but are not limited to) the facts that delivery trucks are regularly on the road and that they:
- Tend to stop and/or backup with little or possibly no warning to other drivers
- Frequently are double parked (often on busy roadways) while drivers get out of the trucks to deliver whatever goods they are hauling
- Significantly limit other drivers’ ability to see around them
- May drop cargo into the roadways, which could cause other drivers to have to come to immediate stops, swerve, etc.
Among the types of delivery trucks that are commonly involved in traffic accidents include:
- Food delivery trucks
- Beverage delivery trucks
- Furniture moving trucks
- Postal trucks, FedEx trucks, UPS trucks and other mail delivery trucks
- Lunch trucks
- Vehicle hauling trucks
- Tool vendor trucks (such as Snap-On trucks)
Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents
Although delivery truck accidents can be caused by unpreventable factors, such as dangerous weather conditions, in many cases, these accidents result from the negligence or reckless of some party, such as:
- The delivery truck driver: Operating the truck while intoxicated or failing to comply with traffic laws are examples of truck driver negligence.
- The trucking company: Failing to properly maintain the delivery truck is one example of how a trucking company can be negligent.
- The manufacturer of the delivery truck: Installing defective equipment in deliver trucks, such as faulty braking systems, is an example of how manufacturers may be negligent.
Highlands Ranch Truck Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a truck accident and believe that another party’s negligence or recklessness was to blame, you are encouraged to consult with the truck accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC.
Our trusted Highlands Ranch truck accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling traffic accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.