While motor vehicle accidents are a common part of commuters’ daily lives, tragically, these accidents claim the lives of thousands of Americans each year. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for individuals who are younger than 19 years old. Although taking a look at motor vehicle accident fatality statistics is grim, it’s crucial to:
- Understanding the trends in traffic accident death rates
- Identifying the causes of these accidents, as well as who has the greatest risk
- Attempting to develop strategies to minimize such fatal accidents to make the roadways safer and, ultimately, to save lives.
The following are motor vehicle accident death statistics for Colorado. These statistics have been compiled and presented by the Colorado Department of Transportation:
- Thus far in 2013, the groups of individuals who have experienced the most fatalities in motor vehicle accidents include vehicle drivers, vehicle passengers, motorcycle riders and bicyclists. In contrast, deaths of pedestrians involved in motor vehicle accidents have decreased.
- Thus far in 2013, the number of fatal car accidents that have occurred in Colorado have significantly decreased, dropping by nearly 17 percent from those that took place in 2012.
- The Colorado counties that reportedly had the highest number of fatal motor vehicle accidents in 2012 (the most recent year for which a complete set of statistics is available) are (in order of highest number to lowest number) El Paso County, Weld County, Denver County, Jefferson County, Arapahoe County and Boulder County.
- The types of motor vehicle accidents that typically have the highest risk of fatality include (but are not limited to):
- Head-on collisions
- Underride truck accidents
- Any motor vehicle accident that involves pedestrians
- Motorcycle accidents.
Englewood Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, car accident or in any type of motor vehicle accident, you are encouraged to consult with the motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC. Meeting with one of our esteemed attorneys as soon as your health is stabilized can ensure that you ultimately have the strongest case possible, as waiting will start immediately running out the statute of limitations for your case and could even result in the loss of critical evidence.
Our trusted Englewood personal injury and motor vehicle accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling car accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.