Scarring & Disfigurement Injuries
Scarring and disfigurement as a result of any type of accident can dramatically alter one’s life. If scarring and disfigurement is caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be qualified to compensation for your injury. The legal professionals at the Mike Hulen, PC represent a variety of lawsuits involving scarring and disfigurement injuries caused by an accident. Our team of lawyers strive to represent clients in a professional manner, while being aggressive, compassionate, and trustworthy. Our staff is dedicated, honest, diligent and aggressive. We work in protecting the best interests of our injured clients and their families.
Causes of Scarring and Disfigurement
Some examples of accidents that have in the past or could cause scarring and disfigurement include:
- Electrical burns
- Chemical burns
- Cuts and gashes from any accidents
- Burns from fires
- Burns from steam or explosion
- Road rash from a motorcycle accident
- And more
In some cases, injections or surgical procedures may aid in reducing the disfigurement caused by scarring. Types of injury scars include:
- Contracture scars are the result of burned skin. After a burn, the skin tightens up and may impair mobility in the affected area. This type of burn affects the nerves and muscles as well.
- Keloid scars extend beyond the edges of the original injury, which can effect mobility and require treatment with liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy) or surgical removal.
- Hypertrophic scars are normally raised and appear red. These scars do not extend past the edges of the original injury but still may require injections or steroid use to reduce inflammation.
Contact a Professional Today To Set Up Your Free Personal Injury Consultation
At the Mike Hulen, PC, we represent clients dealing with the effects of traumatic injuries, including scarring and disfiguration. We are familiar with and sensitive to the emotions of the victims. We understand the stress it puts on the families as well. To learn more about the legal representation for a scarring or disfigurement claim, please call (303) 932-8666 to schedule a free consultation in Colorado. We serve clients from the Denver Tech Center, Littleton, Caste Rock, Conifer, Englewood, Evergreen, Broomfield, Arvada and many other surrounding areas.