People never expect something traumatic to happen to them. When a person gets on their motorcycle, they never thought an accident would happen to them. Motorcycle crashes are extremely dangerous and cause many injuries. The type and severity of your injuries will dictate the needed treatments and the length of recovery period.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents so Dangerous?
There are several reasons behind the fact that more serious injuries typically occur during a motorcycle accident including:
- Motorcycle design, and over all less stable
- Motorcycles are less visible
- Motorcycles are built with less safety
- Motorcycles do not protect from weather
- Motorcycles require more focus or physical and mental skills
If you are involved in an accident, you should take the following steps to care for yourself, passengers and to protect your legal rights.
- Gather the names of all other witnesses
- Obtain pictures of your vehicle and other vehicles involved in the accidents
- Check with other people around to see if they are hurt, if needed make sure everyone including your self gets the medical help they need
- Do not admit fault for the accident to anyone, especially the police
- Most importantly, if involved in an accident you must stop
- Make sure the police come to the scene and get an accurate report
Contact Our Attorneys
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and were injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced Colorado motorcycle attorney at Mike Hulen, PC. There are time limitations that require you to take action in order to protect your rights, and gain the compensation you deserve. For more information, call us at 303-932-8666 to set up a time for your free initial consultation.