GD Cars, Inc., an interstate trucking company, has been forced by federal regulators to stop transporting cars and trucks due to findings that the company has committed a number of serious safety violations. Specifically, regulators with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) have found that the safety violations committed by GD Cars have increased the risk of severe truck accidents that could endanger other drivers’ lives and that these violations have included the failure to:
- Examine, fix and otherwise keep up the company’s large towing vehicles
- Adequately train drivers on defensive driving skills
- Make sure that all of the company’s drivers have valid commercial drivers’ licenses
- Test the company’s drivers for drug and/or alcohol use
- Make sure that all of the company’s drivers strictly abided by hours-of-service regulations, which are federal regulations that have been enacted to limit the number of hours truck drivers are legally allowed to drive on a daily and weekly basis in order to prevent truck accidents caused by driver fatigue
- Maintain adequate insurance on its drivers or vehicles
Such negligence on behalf of GD Cars could be used against the company in the event one of their drivers or trucks has been involved in a truck accident, and injured parties could seek compensation from GD Cars by filing a truck accident lawsuit against the company.
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, car accident or in any type of traffic accident, you are encouraged to consult with the motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC.
Our trusted Denver personal injury and truck accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling car accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.