Two people are currently undergoing treatment for serious injuries they sustained after their SUV collided into the back of a utility truck on the I-70 in the early morning hours of Monday February 11. The car accident victims include a 27-year-old man, who was driving the SUV and a 24-year-old woman, who had to be cut out of the demolished SUV after the accident with the truck. Although initial police reports have stated that the road conditions were dry at the time of the car accident, further details regarding the potential causes of this car accident have not been made public at this time, as the investigation is currently ongoing.
As more facts come out about this serious motor vehicle accident, it will likely become more clear as to whether some time of negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the car crash. Examples of negligent behavior or reckless driving that could have played a role in this potentially deadly car accident include:
- Driver intoxication by either the SUV driver or the utility truck driver
- Failure of either or both drivers to obey traffic laws – For the truck driver, this could mean failing to use a signal when switching lanes or cutting off the SUV driver, while for the SUV driver, reckless driving could include following the utility truck to closely or failing to obey the right-of-way laws.
- Distracted driving on the part of the SUV driver, which could have caused a delay in his reaction to break soon enough
- Vehicle equipment malfunctions, which would mean that the vehicle manufacturer or a technician who recently worked on your car could be the negligent party in this case
- Poor road conditions in terms of proper signals, lighting or signage, in which case the city or county responsible for maintaining the roadway could be found to be negligent in the case.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a car accident, contact the trusted Denver personal injury and car accident attorneys at Mike Hulen, PC by calling (303) 932-8666. Our lawyers are experienced at aggressively defending victims’ rights, and we will work relentlessly to help our Clients secure the maximum possible settlement for their injuries and losses.