While Colorado laws dictate that all drivers are required to have insurance coverage, many drivers fail to comply with these requirements, either choosing to not have insurance at all or opting to get insufficient coverage that won’t realistically cover the costs of a car accident (should one occur). Given these facts, it’s crucial that Colorado drivers protect themselves and get uninsured motorist insurance coverage, which:
- Is part of insurance policies unless an individual specifically opts out of such coverage in writing
- Covers drivers and their passengers in the event they are in a car accident with an uninsured or under-insured driver
- Covers individuals who are involved in car versus pedestrian accidents in which the at-fault driver was uninsured or underinsured
- Covers drivers who are involved in hit-and-run accidents when the other, at-fault driver is not ultimately located
- Provides compensation for the covered individuals’ injuries, medical bills and property damage
- Will not increase the covered individual’s insurance premium rates if a claim is made.
It’s important to point out that, even when accident victims have uninsured motorist coverage, insurance companies may try to undercut the full amount of compensation owed to a claimant or may even try to deny legitimate claims altogether due to, for example, misfiled paperwork. As a result, it’s crucial that accident victims work with skilled Denver accident attorneys who will protect their rights and help them secure the maximum possible settlement for their injuries and losses.
Aurora County Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, car accident or in any type of traffic accident, you are encouraged to consult with the motor vehicle accident lawyers at the Law Office of Mike Hulen, PC.
Our trusted Aurora County personal injury and accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling car accident cases, wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury lawsuits, and we are experienced at helping victims and their families secure the maximum possible settlement for their losses. We encourage those who think they may have a claim to meet with us for a free initial consult to learn more about their legal rights and to receive a thorough evaluation of their case. Call us at (303) 932-8666 to get your case started at no upfront cost.